The views of local people on what works well, what should be improved and what is important when it comes to health and care in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent are the focus of a major public conversation launching today.
During Summer 2019, we supported the Together We're Better STP to hold a 12-week public conversation across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent to understand what is working well, what can be improved and what is important to local people when considering health and care services.
During this time views were welcomed on any aspect of health and care, but particularly on the following areas:
- Simplifying the local urgent and emergency care system
- Developing a new vision for health and care in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent that is focussed on high quality community-based care centred on the patient – this will include maternity services, mental health services and planned care (surgery and outpatients)
- How the local health and care system can embrace and fully utilise new technology and ensure the buildings we deliver services from are fit for purpose
- Reviewing the use and function of the community hospitals in South Staffordshire
- Exploring what ‘integration of health and care services’ really means for local people
- Identifying additional priorities that will deliver clinical and financial stability.
These views will not only help in developing any future service proposals, but also inform the local Five Year Strategic Plan to be published in Spring 2020. It will outline the local response to the priorities set down in the national NHS Long Term Plan and build on the proposals that were included in the 2016 plan.
Focus groups are currently being conducted to further understand the experiences of new mothers and pregnant women to identify how to improve services in the area. We are looking to speak to people who are currently using maternity services, have used maternity services in the last 12 months or are planning to have a baby, as well as those who work in maternity services.
Each focus group will have the same format, so please only book a place at one of the events. Places are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment. You can register your attendance via the Registration Portal.
Further details on each of the ways people can get involved, alongside more information about the public conversation, can be found on Together We’re Better’s website at www.twbstaffsandstoke.org.uk.