New guides for patients will make it easier for those with disabilities to use GP online services. Those with hearing and sight loss, autism and learning disabilities can download free guides.Download GP online services easy read patient guides
Your eyes are an important part of your health. There are many things you can do to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best. Here are a few simple steps to maintaining healthy eyes:
Having a comprehensive dilated eye exam is the only way to really be sure how healthy your eyes are, and how good your vision is. In addition, many common eye diseases such as glaucoma, diabetic eye disease and age-related macular degeneration often have no warning signs. A dilated eye exam is the only way to detect these diseases in their early stages.
The NHS and leading burns surgeons have issued new first aid guidance to help ensure victims of acid attacks get the right help fast.
The assistance for victims comes as new data from NHS England show the number of people requiring specialist medical help for this type of assault is on the rise. In 2014, 16 people required specialist medical advice, rising to 25 in 2015 and increasing further to 32 last year. The level of demand for specialist burns help so far in 2017 suggests there will be another rise in patient numbers this year.
More Articles ...
- Staff member recognised for their honesty and accessibility
- Be prepared for August Bank Holiday and order your repeat prescriptions now
- Health awareness: Maternity support
- A hub of help for carers
- AGM success in Stafford
- Health awareness: Blood pressure & obesity
- NHS commissioning staff honoured for year of dedication
- Success at CCG event for mental health services
- Cancer awareness: Don’t be scared of the diagnosis
- Health awareness: Diabetes