Your eyes are an important part of your health. There are many things you can do to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best. Here are a few simple steps to maintaining healthy eyes:
Having a comprehensive dilated eye exam is the only way to really be sure how healthy your eyes are, and how good your vision is. In addition, many common eye diseases such as glaucoma, diabetic eye disease and age-related macular degeneration often have no warning signs. A dilated eye exam is the only way to detect these diseases in their early stages.
The NHS and leading burns surgeons have issued new first aid guidance to help ensure victims of acid attacks get the right help fast.
The assistance for victims comes as new data from NHS England show the number of people requiring specialist medical help for this type of assault is on the rise. In 2014, 16 people required specialist medical advice, rising to 25 in 2015 and increasing further to 32 last year. The level of demand for specialist burns help so far in 2017 suggests there will be another rise in patient numbers this year.
We introduced a staff Achievement of the Month Award aligned to the CCG values. The monthly award, which has been ongoing since last year, gives staff the opportunity to recognise and/or thank individual colleagues or teams for something they have done over the previous month.
We are pleased to announce that the latest winner is Vanessa Ridout, Executive Assistant to Lynn Millar, Director of Primary Care. Vanessa was nominated by her colleagues in the Primary Care Team for transforming the administrative support to the team and constantly providing advice, support and reassurance. Her nomination, and subsequent winning of the award, reflects the CCGs value of “we are honest, accessible and we listen”.
More Articles ...
- Expectant mothers encouraged to be healthy, active and upright
- Be prepared for August Bank Holiday and order your repeat prescriptions now
- GPs urge patients to be aware of their blood pressure, a key health warning sign
- Health awareness: Maternity support
- A hub of help for carers
- Breastfeeding helps mothers and babies everywhere
- AGM success in Stafford
- Health awareness: Blood pressure & obesity
- NHS commissioning staff honoured for year of dedication
- Patients in Staffordshire set to benefit from diabetes funding